The dissemination of political advertising is regulated by the Law on Funding of, and Control over Funding of, Political Campaigns.
During a political campaign:
- political advertising must be marked in accordance with the procedure laid down by the law by indicating the source of funding and visibly separated from other disseminated information.
- public information producers or disseminators may disseminate political advertising only at the rates and under the conditions which are equal to all political campaign participants and which are submitted to the Central Electoral Commission. The rates and conditions of political advertising applicable during a political campaign may not be presented or changed during the political campaign. The rates and conditions of political advertising applicable not later than until a political campaign may be changed with the consent of the Central Electoral Commission. The Central Electoral Commission shall immediately announce the rates on its website.
It shall be prohibited to disseminate political advertising:
- on the front page of a periodical;
- if the dissemination of such advertising is in violation of the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
Besides these restrictions, during an election (referendum) campaign it shall be prohibited to disseminate political advertising:
- for free, except discussion programme;
- on television, except discussion programmes and campaigning-related videos of not less than 30 seconds duration in which a political campaign participant informs about his political programme or speaks on issues topical to the public.
The rates and conditions of political advertising
- Subtimiting to CEC
- Submitted rates and conditions:
Budget institution, code 188607150
Data are collected and kept in the Register of Legal Persons
Gynėjų g. 8, LT - 01109 Vilnius, Lithuania
Ph. no. +370 (5) 239 69 02
Fax. no. +370 (5) 239 69 60
Unique visits: 2736845